Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Life is what Happens when you are busy making other plans

Funny how the time travels at such an accelerated rate in the summer. I realized it has been a while since I posted. I have read a little here and there and kept up with you all. But with vacations and family and committees and fun I just haven't posted.
On the topic of change- I have always viewed change as neither good nor bad, it just is what it is. I view all change as a metamorphosis. A coming into being, whether gradual or rapid all things change. I think the question is when do we notice the change. If I understand my mama bible teacher, each of us are in the process of santification. Where God will prune us and cut back and help us to change. Change to be more like Him. What a great thing!
In reading back over some struggles I have had this summer I know that they are God's ways of saying, "hey heiress, time to grow. Now I know this one may hurt a bit, but hang in there, I know what it'll be like when I'm done." The church I attend is changing. The people are really trying to grow. The thing I have a hard time remembering is everyone is at a different place. So it's hard to meet all of those individual needs. But I think that's where we as Christians stumble. I think how can the church possibly be everything to everyone?? The answer is so simple. All things are possible with God. It's not the church that will be the answer, but God will the do the work through the people if we are wiling and open to him.
I'm not sure if I will be joining my Selah sisters or not this fall. It hurts me to have to say those words. But I have been feeling a pushing to do something for a while. I have tried to ignore it, but I don't think God will let me. Don't count me out yet! But there are 3 or 4 different ideas floating around in my head and tugging on my heart. I keep praying to know clearly the path that uses my spiritual gifts (not entirely sure I know what all of mine are) and that I choose as the Lord would have me. That said I ask for your prayers.
I love each of you.

4 comments:

Godseeker said...

Oh, Heiress!! We would miss you so much. But it's always best to be where God wants you...that's one thing I've learned in my life, and especially this summer.

Stay and be blessed, or go with God and be blessed and be a blessing. Love ya so much either way,

-Realgodseeker

amy m. provine said...

Heiress, We love you too. I think that all of our paths converge and diverge throughout our lives. I think that this summer has changed a lot of us. While some of us were waiting for something to happen, it just did without us even watching. I can't wait to see what you come up with, I think you have a lot of great ideas up there, Its just a matter of choosing your priorities and making them happen. I'll be with the sisters in the fall. We are going through a lot of changes here, and I need some stability, at least for this year. At least that's what I think. Something else might happen though :)

I will love you and miss you too.

heiress said...

WOW- thanks! Your gift of teaching shines again. I always have ideas. I always have projects. But when I really pray for the leading of the Holy Spirit it becomes clearer which way to go. I'll know when I know. And A. you are right, this summer has changed a lot of us. So like the seasons we will soon change again in the fall. I bet there is some analogy there too...selah
The internet can be such a cool thing, go do a google search on the word Selah. Kinda fun.

heiress said...

found this on Selah- it's intersting
http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/faq/selah.html