Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

You Won't Believe This!

Well, things sure happen fast for me, lately. Get this.

Last week, at Parent Orientation for my daughter's Christian School, her teacher mentioned that the music teacher would no longer be doing music. And she put out a request that if anyone would like to help out--

Well, my other daughter is still at home, so of course I dismissed it. Still, I thought it a shame. She loves music and the program has been so strong.

I mentioned it Saturday to a fellow parent, with the "It's a shame" part, and she said, "You know, if you produced the cantata (last year's Easter cantata at church), you could do this." She was talking about the whole SCHOOL'S music program. And she mentioned that preschool was not yet full at the school. Unusual--they usually fill up first.

So, long story short, I called the principal yesterday, got a call today that I have the job, and my younger daughter goes to preschool--financially, it's free, in trade for my help.

Pray for me!! That's two big school programs a year, which have always been top-rated in the past. And a whole school of kids who need vocal coaching.

Today I'm scouring the internet for curriculum.

Pretty neat, huh?

-Godseeker

3 comments:

amy m. provine said...

Obviously School has picked up the pace of our lives, as its taken several days for me to catch up and say "CONGRATULATIONS" good luck with this new endeavor! Things seem to happen fast for me too. I'm back at Shooting Stars pretty much 3/4 time (just during school hours.) And my little web design business has taken a definite fall upswing in business. So things are moving along pretty swiftly. Of course as always, its just the right timing for Jehovah Jirah to provide for us in the multitude of ways that he does always. Whether financial, emotional, or just the social need of meeting more people. Of course this is requiring for me to be more organized. Which all of you know I struggle with. I don't think with the organized part of my brain. Well, I hope this change is working well for you Godseeker, and that everything is going smoothly, with your new role and with school starting for the rest of your family. :)
Love,
a.

heiress said...

How awesome! Out God is providing for all of us. How cool. I keep seeing that he is taking us from baby Chritians and now he is syaing, "Go into the World"
Godseeker- way cool. I am so pleased to see you using this gift.
I have news too. As you know we have been planning a trip to Disney world with the boys. Well, we scrimped and saved and had just enough. THEN the van broke. The car broke. The van broke again. And poof- all the savings gone and we would have to go into debt for Disney.
Well, everyone knows you don't tell two kids we are doing to see MICKEY MOUSE and then NOT go. So I was trying to make it work. THEN I was called and asked on a Friday, to teach a course starting the next Tuesday, at the university. Guess what, it pays the same amoutn I need for Disney.
COOL! So I am teaching leadership to 30 sophmores and juniors. And mama...I have used some of the materials we put together for the presentation that never happened that we worked on. SEE..God knows.

Godseeker said...

Amazing. For all of us.