Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Quiet

God always seems bigger to me in the morning when I take the dog out , and its quiet & cold. On winter mornings, everything is pale and pastel, the pinks and yellows of the sun rising. There is more evidence of God, then of man. On these dreaded winter mornings God always seems to be all around me. I breath fogs up in front of my face, the snow or frost crunches under my feet. Everyone else is still inside sleeping. Sometimes I hear birds singing and squirrels chattering, The dogs tags jingle. But mostly its quiet. Just me (& the dog) and God. This is when I like to pray.

This winter that I was not looking forward to, is passing swiftly. There is still a lot of cold days left. But not many. And there are only 5 weeks until the new baby comes. I am sad and joyous because this time has gone by so fast. I still have lots to get ready, but many things are getting checked off the list.

Love,
A.

3 comments:

Darrell said...

I wonder if God manifests himself more in those kinds of moments, or is it that we are more aware of him when we shed the normal distractions? Boy, once the day gets rolling along, its hard for me to notice Him sometimes.
And blessings on you and your child!

Anonymous said...

Hi there
Wow you are a gifted writer. I agree with your finding God outside. I find I can be very close to the presence of God in the forest. It feels so peaceful and heartfelt.....Good luck with your new baby....I have 5.

CWG said...

Sorry... my blog site is coffeewithgod.blogspot.com
CWG