Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

A lost tooth

My sweet son lost his 3rd tooth this week.  It was one of the front top two, so now he has been exhibiting a huge toothy grin :)  Babies aside, I think this is one of the cutest milestones young children go through. Whose momma heart doesn't melt with a toothy grin from any child, let alone your own.  I few months ago I thought that I wouldn't see much more of my son's smile.  He had such a rough year at school, that I was starting to wonder if he was just starting to show the melancholy part of his personality.  Fortunately he has recovered as the outgoing, bubbly, clown of a sanguine that I've always known him to be.  And this new smile seems to fit superbly.  Its also a reminder that he is slowly starting to outgrow childish things. While it may be quite a while until he is an adult, or even a teenager, the time is passing.  My first child is growing!

As Christians, I think that God also marks the milestones of our faith. From baptism to heaven, God is watching our accomplishments.  I can just imagine an omniscient grin as we stop stumbling over our words when we pray, as we learn how to dig deeper, and ask harder questions.  As our faith grows and strengthens.  I can also imagine how bittersweet it must be when we pass that childlike stage where he teaches and guides you and pass into the "grown-up" role of being an instrument utilized by Him to reach others.  Godseeker, I'm praying that as you increase your influence, and increase your ability for your mission (really I see so much potential now), and I pray that your dh will be by your side the whole time.  Jomama,   I thought about you as I was stocking up on binders and paper last night ;) 

Love, Hugs and Selah,
A.

1 comment:

Godseeker said...

Thanks, A. This is definitely a time of uncertainty from my corner. I had seen it as a time of diminished influence, but you're right.: ) Thanks for the perspective. Yea, Jomama, I'm getting the itch to buy paper and binders, too. Who knew that at 41 I would be relishing the back-to-school products--not just for the kids, but for me, too? Can't wait for Bible study to start up again.