Search This Blog

Monday, June 14, 2004

Another Monday

Just another Monday and I was worrying. Things are pretty tense on the job right now. New boss and all. Everyone is on edge, including me. The "new guy" has not so much as said hello. Which is odd. I try to walk a mile in her shoes. But I can't help but to think if I was new I would go say hi to everyone.
I am painfully reminded that I'm not quite like everybody else. See I have no problem saying hi, breaking the ice or sticking my neck out. So I tend to forget that is some times hard for folks to do.
In all honesty I am offended that she doesn't come say hello.
I have anticipated this day for some time now. I prayed this morning for God to get me through it. A verse cam to mind from Mathew, who has ever added one day to his life by worrying? (Not an exact quote, I am on a break from work). The writer of Mathew also talks about worrying about the future and says tomorrow will worry about itself. I find comfort in these words.
My prayer is answered, not in the way I thought it would be, but answered. I worry about the new boss and how things will be. I pray. God comforts me with His Word. But funny, I was worried what this person might say to me and instead she says nothing and I worry about that. Huh? I will take comfort from my creator. He has a plan.
I just wish I knew what this part of it was.

2 comments:

heiress said...

On to Tuesday

Well to update everyone, the Boss came down to my office and said to a group of us, “If you weren’t coming up to see me, I am coming down to see you.” To which I couldn’t help but explain I had been upstairs 4 times and her door has been shut. She seemed a little surprised I would try 4 times. I did explain the coffee pot is upstairs. (Yes A. I drink at least 4 cups of coffee, I’m bad.) Then that was it. She left.
So the door is shut again today.
But I appreciate my Selah sisters. They give me the love and support and the kick in the pants I need. It is God’s plan in everything. I just need to wait for him to reveal it in his time. I will know what to do when I know. I actually feel a lot more peaceful about the situation today. Thanks girls.
Thanks to the Father for taking care of me at all times.

amy m. provine said...

Well, heiress, it sounds like this is going to be a growing experience for you. Its hard when people don't do what you think they ought. I was talking with my dh last night about this. you know that I'm not a controling person, but when something gets to me it grinds on my nerves and drives me nuts. Well I realized, that the things that were bothering me, well they were my problems, they were bothering me because I was letting them. (I'm sure you already knew this about me) I need to move on, and sometimes I do well, but there are certain things that drive me nutty. Heiress, if you are doing your job to the best of your God given ability (which I know you are), then don't worry so much about the new boss. She might need time to adjust to her new surroundings and new personalities of the place. What were you saying yesterday about perekeoleo? I butchered that word even more then you did :)

Maybe send her a friendly email, asking if you could ____? show her around town, go out for coffee (after 4 cups I don't think an additional one would hurt you much), help introduce her to others that aren't under her? What ever is appropriate, you know better then me. Well, that's what I might do. Keep us posted on what you do.