Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

My introduction

I would first like to thank "Godseeker" for setting up this blog. I know that this idea has been in her head for a while, and I'm glad that she went for it. And I pray that this blog will touch many lives and be a blessing.

So who am I? I'm Godseekers friend and we share many similarities as well as differences. We are both Christians, mothers, and we love the world that God created. I work out of my house, sometimes, making websites and graphics for others. My site. This allows me to stay home and take care of my only child during the summer and volunteer at his school during the school year. And I can run the household for my darling. God has blessed us with a good sized garden that I like to work in and preserve food from. I like to practice home arts like canning, bread making, cooking from scratch, sewing, etc.

I guess one of the major differences in the two of us is that I choose to isolate myself from current events. If its important enough, someone else will let me know, and of course its probably a thrill for others to tell the one person in the world who is oblivious about the latest. :)

So that's the short and sweet of it. I'm sure you will get to know me more later.

Love,
A.

1 comment:

Godseeker said...

Hey, A! I'm glad you posted your intro. I didn't know you kept a distance from public events. That's probably pretty healthy. Sometimes I've found that it's easier to pray for public events if I stay away fromt he media for a while. Here's why:

I've heard counterfeit money experts never study counterfeit money. They spend vast amounts of time studying real money. That way they instantly recognize a counterfeit when they see it.

So it's good to spend lots of time with God and God's people, so you get a better understanding of His heart and His perspective. Then when you hear about a public event, such as 9/11 and the war in Iraq, you hopefully have a better understanding on how God is involved.

And I believe God is actively involved in everything that happens on earth.

-Godseeker