Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Introductions

Welcome. I ought to let you know who I am, so you can decide whether or not you want to bookmark my blog and come back. I hope you will. It should be fun.

How to start? Good grief!! I'm a radio announcer who has access to fast, mostly accurate, information on current events. But who doesn't these days? I'm in the US, and because of my background, I'm a bit of a news junkie.

I'm also a wife and mother of two kids. And I stay at home. How do I do it? I head to the station, record my show, and get home in time to say goodbye to my guy and look after the kids all day. It's kind of cool. I get to be professional AND I get to roll down a hill with my kids all day if we want to.

I have an interest in history, but I don't like to get bogged down in it. So don't worry--that won't happen here. I just like to fit us all into a bigger picture.

I'm also a Christian, so that colors my perspective. I'm not a plastic, smiles-all-the-time, perfect Christian, though. So if you've been wondering what really goes through the mind of a Christian, this is a good place to find out. We grapple with issues just like everybody else. I'll share it with you sometimes, because it's only fair that you hear the struggles of a Christian--not just the answers they've come up with (although you'll hear some of those, too).

I have some friends who've been invited to join. They're all ladies, mostly moms, some professional, some stay home. They're the ladies of a Bible study I attend. If they all join, you'll hear about life from their perspectives, too. We'll be giving our take on cool stuff we find in the Bible, as well the daily grind. So drop by again, and find out if it's seven chatty women, or just chatty me.

-Godseeker

2 comments:

heiress said...

Great idea! The internet is a great way to share the gospel of Christ with anyone. Also a wonderful way to search through some of those spiritual questions and day to day quests we all struggle with.
I'm in.
Just a note- why heiress?
First, it's always fun coming up with a screen name. Kinda like a writer creating a pen name or an artist practicing her signature. SO I thought about it (Ok for about 30 seconds, but thought none the less). And under the topic Godseeker I definately am. But I never want to loose sight of the fact that I'm forgiven by grace.
With that forgiveness comes a lot of gifts and love and responsibility. I equate this to being a child of the king. And we are, as Christians, all children of the king. The name is a reminder to me.
Thus, heiress. (Oh and one of those 7 chatty women)

Selah.

Godseeker said...

Glad you're posting, Heiress. -Godseeker