Search This Blog

Friday, June 11, 2004

The difference a day makes

The brightness of the sun illuminated my dreams this morning. (between snooze buttons) As I slowly became aware of the day, I couldn't help thinking about what a difference a day makes. Today the sun bright and cheerful, dancing from behind the trees, rejoicing and calling me to His new day. Yesterday, the darkness and the constant patter of drops, like tears falling from the sky, mourning the morning. They urged me to stay in bed. Talking to others who echoed my sentiments about the drear, I knew that I had to come to grips with it and move on. When we anticipate change in our lives, or struggle with sadness, we wish that like the gloom it isn't there. I wonder "why God? The sun would be so much more happier."

But if I look beyond the gloom, like my gardens in which the plants (and weeds) are rejoicing in the nourishing water, my life needs this. It makes me stronger and it makes me turn my head towards heaven. There was an magazine ad by a laundry detergent company where this girl and her companions were completely covered in mud, but yet she was dancing and rejoicing with her head to the sky. Well, that's how I feel sometimes. God, in the fullness of time, the sun will come out and warm us, but as for now you have set the times and places for us so that we will glorify you, and so that we may grow.

While the sun is good, maybe the rain is even better?

No comments: