Search This Blog

Saturday, June 19, 2004

Boss Update

I was thinking about A.'s post "what a differnce a day makes". Well in my case 5 to 7 days. I think a day at work is an enternity sometimes. I realized how whiney I am being over all of this. Bottom line, I didn't get what I want and I am VERY used to things going my way. In fact if they don't go my way I MAKE them go my way. Or I have a fit. Really I do. I noticed this when watching my beautiful boy #1. He is the same way. This is my type A child. I was reprimanding him for not being more flexible. When it hit me. THIS IS ME! When bb#1 doesn't get things his way he stomps a foot, huffs really loud, tries to persuade, claims life is unfair and storms off. I have been doing the same thing, just not as openly.
Guess what life IS unfair. No one ever said it would be FAIR. In fact I have been told and shown repeatedly just how unfair life is.
BUT I have been show how wonderful it is too. GOD allows me to be here. He gives me THIS day. ANd it's all a matter of perspective. Remember, perception is 90% of the deal. If I go in to my work week feeling sorry for myself, (Yes that's what I was doing and you were all so polite not to say so)then I feed off of that and it spirals down. But if I kick back do a good job and remember this job is just that, a J-O-B not the end all be all. G-O-D is the end all be all. HE is the reason I am here.
We had a staff meeting. We met the boss. She actually spoke to us. It's not going to be fun or fair. But the 2 hour meeting went a lot faster for me when I remembered it's just a job. It's the one God has me in with the people that are there for now. It's a new challenege and adventure. I think it would be a heck of a lot easier to be a Christian and NOT be in the world, but that's not what we were called to do. So I will remain centered on God, the fire should help (see post time to build a fire)

3 comments:

amy m. provine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
amy m. provine said...

Ok, I messed up the last one, I'll try again....



Heiress,

I'm praying for you today,
Love,
A.

heiress said...

KEEP PRAYING! I have some thanks that i am going on vacation soon